cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Converting string to int - can't use formatting?

I have a calculated column that is giving me say 100.00 as a number in a flow email.  I've converted that from a string to a int and then used Format Number so it now shows 100.  That is working.  I'm now wanting to add some formatting (bold and color to the font) and it's giving me an error

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email_(V2)_NOT_MET' inputs at line '1' and column '2875': 'The template language expression 'body('Format_number')?['body']' cannot be evaluated because property 'body' cannot be selected. Property selection is not supported on values of type 'String'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

I believe this should be doable so any thoughts?

I have a Compose that brings in my calculated column

I have a 2nd Compose that is  "int(outputs('Compose_5'))"

I then use Format Number to takes that 2nd compose and formats it as ###

Everything works until I highlight formatted number and add color or bold to it.  Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Converting string to int - can't use formatting?

Hi @bryanc78,

You could set the Send Email body to HTML view, then use the <b> tag and style to bold it and color it.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 171423.jpg

Screenshot 2020-09-24 171216.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bryanc78,

The error is property 'body' cannot be selected, it will occur when some property in the output of action not exists, could you please share a screenshot of your Flow configuration?

And could you please share the formatting (bold and color to the font) setting? With picture could help us assist you better.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@v-litu-msft 

Here you go

Compose 5 - calculated column

Compose 6 - int(outputs('Compose_5'))

Format Number - output is Compose 6

To format ,I'm just highlighting Formatted Number in the body of the email and using the format tool bar to add color and to bold it

bryanc78_0-1600866621360.png

2020-09-23_8-12-38.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bryanc78,

You could set the Send Email body to HTML view, then use the <b> tag and style to bold it and color it.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 171423.jpg

Screenshot 2020-09-24 171216.jpg

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@v-litu-msft 

Thank you, that worked.

It is annoying though that every time I make a change to the email, I have to remove Formatted Number and re-add it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,164)