cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVCanarias
Level: Power Up

Copy Contacts from a SharePoint List to the Office 365 Contact List flow error

Hello,

hopefully someone can help me here. I am trying to set up the Flow "Copy Contacts from a SharePoint List to the Office 365 Contact List" but I do get an error and I have no idea how to solve this.

I have created the List as stated including the columns:

• FirstName
  • LastName
  • EmailAddress
  • MobilePhone
  • HomePhone
  • Company

But when I run a test I get the following error message:

"Get_contacts_-_see_if_we_can_find_record_in_User's_Contact_List"

Error details:

Id is malformed

This is the first time I am trying to use Microsoft Flow, so I am really lost and not sure if someone can help me with the details I have provided, or I need to give you more details. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Copy Contacts from a SharePoint List to the Office 365 Contact List flow error

Hey @TVCanarias 

It is a bit difficult to identify the issue like this. Can you share a screenshot of the flow in edit mode and in the run history pointing to where you are seeing the error. 

Based on the ID is malformed error, are you trying to provide an ID to the contact or in the SP list? Note that ID is a unique value that is autogenerated in the SP lists. It would be easier to identify the issue if you could share the screenshots. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

TVCanarias
Level: Power Up

Re: Copy Contacts from a SharePoint List to the Office 365 Contact List flow error

Hi, thank you for your reply, please find attached the screenshots.

I did not create the flow from the scratch, found it beneath the available templates and only have updated the sharepoint list and the contact list of the user.

error-run-history-01.jpgerror-edit-screenshot-01.jpgerror-edit-screenshot-02.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TVCanarias ,

I did a test on my side. If you use custom value to configure the Folder id, this error can be reproduced. It is recommended to use the options in the drop-down list to configure the Folder id.

In addition, which field do you use as a filter to determine if the contact already exists?

Please provide more details so that we could provide a proper workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,774)