cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicolas8889

Copy Excel files content to SharePoint list

Hi guys,

On one side, I have a SharePoint library with multiple Excel files with the same structure (each file has only one table always named "Table1").

On the other side, I have a SharePoint list where the items names are identical to the Excel file names.

I would like to run a flow whenever one of these Excel files is modified, in order to copy the content of Table1 into the corresponding list item.

It seems pretty simple but I've tried many flows and can't seem to find something that works! Would you have any idea on what the best approach should be?

Thank you,

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nicolas,

In a flow i use for moving MS Form data to an Excel for mileage and fuel consumption I have the following action:

JPMHuls_1-1614342240930.png

Table is a dropdown showing you the available tables. For dynamic table selection you find at the bottom the option 'Enter custom value' which I used to specify the month from the submitted registration date.

So to create SP list items for each Excel table row, you need to use this action and then loop through each table row to create a list item. If you want to update existing SP list items you need to include some unique reference in both the Excel as in the SP list.

NB: here's the action to add a new line to Excel with dynamic table selection:

JPMHuls_2-1614342489300.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JPMHuls
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Nicolas,

Does your list have multiple items per Excel file (so an item per table1 row)? Or only 1 item with the content of table1 in a column (e.g. as an HTML table)?

Nicolas8889

Hello,

It has multiple items to copy but from the same row in Table1 (This table actually has only one row). I found a way to instruct the flow to read from the file in question after using the "Identifier" info from "Get file properties" in the "List rows present in a table" action, but at this point the main issue I'm facing is that I don't know how to tell the flow that the table to read from is this Table1 as the field doesn't accept dynamic names. 

Thank you!

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

In a flow i use for moving MS Form data to an Excel for mileage and fuel consumption I have the following action:

JPMHuls_1-1614342240930.png

Table is a dropdown showing you the available tables. For dynamic table selection you find at the bottom the option 'Enter custom value' which I used to specify the month from the submitted registration date.

So to create SP list items for each Excel table row, you need to use this action and then loop through each table row to create a list item. If you want to update existing SP list items you need to include some unique reference in both the Excel as in the SP list.

NB: here's the action to add a new line to Excel with dynamic table selection:

JPMHuls_2-1614342489300.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,768)