cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy Excel table data to another excel table

Hi

I have already automated when user emails an excel file to BOX it bounces to Sharepoint. When this new file is created in sharepoint I want to do below:

1. Get all the data from the new excel file table (this will always be Table1, but excel file name is different) so I tried to use file indetifier and file content

2. Open Excel file 2 in another sharepoint, 

3. Delete data from excel file 2 table (table2)

4. Paste all data from the new excel file to excel file 2

I am just not sure how do this in order to apply flow. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GeoffRen
Microsoft
Microsoft

Look at this question. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Excel-Rows-Bulk-Process/idc-p/864072#M24727

Basically, you can use the Delete Row and Insert Row connectors to do this, but if you have a good amount of rows, then it will be extremely slow. Otherwise, you'll have to use  Office Scripts (specifically Office Scripts with Power Automate).  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GeoffRen
Microsoft
Microsoft

Look at this question. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Excel-Rows-Bulk-Process/idc-p/864072#M24727

Basically, you can use the Delete Row and Insert Row connectors to do this, but if you have a good amount of rows, then it will be extremely slow. Otherwise, you'll have to use  Office Scripts (specifically Office Scripts with Power Automate).  

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GeoffRen thank you I didn' know I could combine script. I will try this out and come back.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,340)