cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Copy Files from a document library but with a twist

Background: Have hundreds of libraries being created in various sub-sites under 1 site (all in the same site collection). I was looking for a way that when a new library is created (only in a specific site and/or its sub-sites) that all documents from a "template library" get copied into the new one. This could either be automatic or user-initiated (wouldn't matter).

I have found a variety of options for copying files/folders from one library to another, but the references are all for static destinations (whereas mine would be "random").

Is what I am attempting to do possible with Flow?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CIE5667546,

I am afraid there is no suitable way to achieve your needs.

Currently in Flow, if you want to copy files between SharePoint libraries, library need to be static destinations.

Also, do you want to use "when a new library is created" as a trigger to create a Flow?

I think the SharePoint connector doesn't have these features yet.

You could post your idea in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thank you Barry, appreciate the feedback.

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @CIE5667546!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum or found an existing idea to upvote, then you need to post the URL to the idea’s thread as a reply to this thread. Then click "Accept as Solution" on the reply if you approve it as a solution to your issue so that other users may vote for the Flow Idea and identify the information easily within this thread.

Thank You for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,551)