Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A-IT
Resolver I
Resolver I

Copy Files not working after Approval and "For a selected file" trigger

Good afternoon,
I am starting to create a robust approval flow for files in my organization. During this process file will need to approved, copied to other folders, and deleted. Unfortunately, the flow is flailing at the "Copy file" function. I have attached screen shots of how I'm building it below.
In the copy file function, I have using "ID" from the "for a selected file" list. What is also frustrating is that the runs when I set the trigger to automated "When a file is created in a folder" (the flow is built exactly the same, except for the triggers). For QA reasons, I want the flow to be manually triggered though. Thank you for the assistance!
Flow 1.png
Flow 2.png
Error Code.png

Error Code.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

initial setup 1.pngsetup 2.png

This is my setup and it works

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pstudart
Helper I
Helper I

After For a selected file you need to run get file properties then use the identifier from that action instead of the ID from For a selected file. This should resolve the issue.

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, that did not work either. This time the error came back as "null". I used the "Get file properties" function, and selected the file that caused the trigger.
Error 2.pngGet Properties.png

initial setup 1.pngsetup 2.png

This is my setup and it works

View solution in original post

Thank you. "Get file metadata" was missing, this caused the flow to stop running. I was able to get it to run after I added it in. I was also able to add "Delete file" with the Identifier from the "Get file properties" step after "Copy File". The flow was able to run.

How do I enable 'for a selected file'? I'm getting 'you cannot use this trigger as an action.' 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (63,489)