cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EB26
Regular Visitor

Copy Files to Teams Channel on Creation

I created an MS Forms form and am using the text in one of the fields in the form to create a Teams Channel with the same name.

The next piece of my puzzle is to copy a set of files from a SharePoint site (or Windows Share) to the newly created Teams Channel when that new Channel is created. I've been working on this for a little while and not come up with any solutions as of yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My best guess at this point is to copy a file when a new item creation triggers in a SharePoint list. I was thinking that if I could update a list in SharePoint with the field mentionned above and have that trigger a copy from a SharePoint Library to the folder that was created when the new Channel was created. I can't see to figure out how to set the destination to the newly created Channel.

image.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EB26

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi@EB26  could you share us an screanhot from the frist part, an sure that you can do what you want in one flow. 😉

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Below is the bit I have working. Just looking to expand upon this to copy files from a SharePoint site to the newly created channel when it's created. I should also add that a new folder is created in the Teams Site per channel. All new channels create their documents in the same document library.

image.png

AnnaRainbolt
Regular Visitor

did you find a resolution ?  I have a similar need.  I am created a new Teams Channel under a Team and would like to copy a setup of folders/doc as a template format to this channel under files.  I have tried the above - using the sharepoint connector as you did above to access a document library and folder to copy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,185)