cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EB26
Regular Visitor

Copy Files to Teams Channel on Creation

I created an MS Forms form and am using the text in one of the fields in the form to create a Teams Channel with the same name.

The next piece of my puzzle is to copy a set of files from a SharePoint site (or Windows Share) to the newly created Teams Channel when that new Channel is created. I've been working on this for a little while and not come up with any solutions as of yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My best guess at this point is to copy a file when a new item creation triggers in a SharePoint list. I was thinking that if I could update a list in SharePoint with the field mentionned above and have that trigger a copy from a SharePoint Library to the folder that was created when the new Channel was created. I can't see to figure out how to set the destination to the newly created Channel.

image.png

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EB26

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi@EB26  could you share us an screanhot from the frist part, an sure that you can do what you want in one flow. 😉

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Below is the bit I have working. Just looking to expand upon this to copy files from a SharePoint site to the newly created channel when it's created. I should also add that a new folder is created in the Teams Site per channel. All new channels create their documents in the same document library.

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,426)