cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Paste actions between Flows not working

When I try to copy an action between two flows the recipient doesn't recognize there being anything in My clipboard while the source Flow does.

I've confirm that the issue in Chrome and Edge and other people in my organization are having the same problem.

Is there a way to fix copy/paste between Flows?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@askldjf 

I have seen this problem in the past and it was a caching problem(try clearing your browser Cache) and one thing I follow as a best practice is keep both the tabs in the same window.

Tab 1-

CFernandes_1-1599842035825.png

Tab 2 -> Click on Add an action and 'My Clipboard'

CFernandes_0-1599841977135.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Super User
Super User

I think this feature is only available within the flow and not outside the flow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/business-applications-release-notes/april19/microsoft-flow/copy-pas...

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
Super User III
Super User III

@askldjf 

I have seen this problem in the past and it was a caching problem(try clearing your browser Cache) and one thing I follow as a best practice is keep both the tabs in the same window.

Tab 1-

CFernandes_1-1599842035825.png

Tab 2 -> Click on Add an action and 'My Clipboard'

CFernandes_0-1599841977135.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

@PrasadAthalye Please give my suggestion a try, I have been using it for quiet sometime 🙂

I did. It did not work though... Even Cleared Cache....

Power Automate Community

@PrasadAthalye  @askldjf  Hmm the feature is in Preview, so may be it is  inconsistent. 

Another idea (Can you check if you copy paste the action in Notepad)

You can access the “code” snippet of an action by opening Notepad and pressing CTRL+V, after you have copied it to a clipboard, then click on “My clipboard” and press CTRL+V and watch as your “code” snippet gets automatically converted to step you can use in any of your flows.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-clipboard-in-flow-designer-and-three-new-user-expe... 

Tried all these tricks actually.. None worked...

Power Automate Community

Partial solution.  Clearing the cache worked in Chrome, but not Edge.

@askldjf Yes I also use Chrome.... Have a wonderful weekend..

@CFernandes  @askldjf  -  Chrome seems to be working fine with 2 different windows.

IE edge failed for me.  

Power Automate Community

go figure, right? Kind of sad that a Microsoft platform would run better on Chrome than on Edge.

User Voice can be submitted for this. 

Power Automate Community

@PrasadAthalye Sounds like a plan..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (66,510)