cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy SharePoint Contact List to Contacts in Outlook

Hi,

I'm using a template that allow to Copy SharePoint Contact List to Contacts in Outlook.

After creating a new contact in Sharepoint, I get an error message at the creation step in Outlook.

Error message : status 400 , Id is malformed.

I don't know which Id it is referred to, as there is no Id except the folder Id.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Many thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have made a test on my side and the flow template works for me.

When you configuring the flow, please note the Id and Email addresses Address field.

You could fill ID in Id field and remove the Dynamic content filled in Email addresses Address field first, then fill the Email Address output from Get items action in this field again. Please ensure the Email address in list item is not empty.

Image reference:

38.PNG39.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,  

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I made it ! Finally, it was the french template that was wrong, using old Update and Creation actions with bugs inside. It works after deleting the former Update and Creation actions and loading instead the V2 that is now proposed.

Thanks anyway for your help

Christophe

9 REPLIES 9
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

shure @Anonymous  please share us an screanshot 😉

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a screenshot

Error Create new contact.png

Thanks

thnk you @Anonymous  how it is configured?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to synchronize : name, email, phone.

I added the Sharepoint list Id (value : 1 in the screenshot) that was not present in the original template : but the error message is still the same.

The folder ID at the beginning is not exactly what I needed but I don't see how to change it : I wanted to use an Outlook contact list instead of a folder.

Here is the whole process :

Connector process.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have made a test on my side and the flow template works for me.

When you configuring the flow, please note the Id and Email addresses Address field.

You could fill ID in Id field and remove the Dynamic content filled in Email addresses Address field first, then fill the Email Address output from Get items action in this field again. Please ensure the Email address in list item is not empty.

Image reference:

38.PNG39.PNG

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,  

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.

Could you tell me what filter do you have in the Get Contacts part.

In the original template there is this :

Get contacts.png

When i delete this filter, the connector sounds like working : an update is made, but one Sharepoint contact is copied on all Outlook contacts, which is not satisfying.

If I keep the filter, I get the same error message above on the Create contact, there is no Updates made.

Many thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don’t change the configuration of the Get contacts action and I think we should not remove this filter.

46.PNG

We need to use this filter to check if there are eligible contacts that exist in the specified contacts list and update it.

You need to fill the ID in File as filed in Create contact and Update contact action when you configuring these two actions.

Image reference:

45.PNG

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I made it ! Finally, it was the french template that was wrong, using old Update and Creation actions with bugs inside. It works after deleting the former Update and Creation actions and loading instead the V2 that is now proposed.

Thanks anyway for your help

Christophe

I try to use this template to copy SharePoint Contact List to Contacts in Outlook. Update on outlook did not work. It only work on adding new contact into Outlook. Can someone help me on this ?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,755)