Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walker
Advocate II
Advocate II

Copy SharePoint list items into a CSV each week - text cells contain gibberish

Hoping somebody can help! 

I'm using a template flow - "Copy SharePoint list items into a CSV each week" - and it's very useful.

However, in some cells of the Sharepoint list where there is a volume of text, the CSV cell contains a lot of messy code. Here's an extract where I've tried to replace the actual text in the cell with CAPITALS so you get the gist - 

<div class="ExternalClass0DEF393EE6D646A1905C453D595DAF31"><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" size="3">

</font><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" size="3">

</font></div><p><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" size="3">

</font></p><font color="#000000" face="Times New Roman" size="3">
</font><p style="margin&#58;0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family&#58;&quot;arial&quot;,sans-serif;font-size&#58;10pt;"><font color="#000000">&#160;THIS IS THE FIRST LINE OF THE CONTENT TEXT&#160;<span style="font-family&#58;&quot;arial&quot;,sans-serif;font-size&#58;10pt;"><font color="#000000">AND THIS IS SOME MORE CONTENT TEXT&#160; AND AS YOU CAN SEE IT'S SURROUNDED BY A LOT OF UNSIGHTLY HTML CODING&#160; </font></span></font></span></p><p style="margin&#58;0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family&#58;&quot;arial&quot;,sans-serif;font-size&#58;10pt;"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family&#58;&quot;arial&quot;,sans-serif;font-size&#58;10pt;"><font color="#000000"></font></span></font></span><br></p><p style="margin&#58;0cm 0cm 0pt;"><span style="font-family&#58;&quot;arial&quot;,sans-serif;font-size&#58;10pt;"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family&#58;&quot;arial&quot;,sans-serif;font-size&#58;10pt;

Is there a way I can clean this up as part of the flow? (Ultimately I want to be able to automatically forward this data on to business colleagues, and as it currently poresents, that is not acceptable).

Thanks a lot to anyone who can assist.

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

The screen shot you included indicates that the data is in a rich text column.  Can you set the SharePoint column to be plain text instead of rich text?  That should solve the issue.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello, @Walker!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @ScottShearer‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,513)