cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeviG
Regular Visitor

Copy a Folder and Paste it into Subfolders (Apply to Each)

Alright, so I've been around Power Automate long enough to know that not always are words what they seem. I've spent way too much time trying to sort this out and I'm at my wit's end.

I work for an insurance company and we have many users. I want to create a folder in each of the user's personal folders (located in SharePoint and shared with supervisors). I'd like to use Power Automate so I can keep the flow as a template for future use.

Here's the goal: literally take a folder and all of its contents, copy it, and paste it several dozen times into separate, individual subfolders. 

Now, from what I can tell, I can't just use the "copy folder" item because it wants a destination folder right away, which doesn't work well for me because there are like, 70 destinations. I suppose I could just change the location of the flow and run it a lot, but that seems so tedious. There HAS to be a way to do this. 

I've tried doing Apply to Each and doing "Create New Folder", but when I run it, it creates a folder in only one place: the place I specified in the flow. I don't want it to create a new folder just in ONE place, I want it to create the folder in 70 places.

Someone, please help me.

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You can use a SharePoint List to store target location, then read it using Get Items and use the column to define a target folder where you would like to create a sub folder.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (56,631)