cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kell

Copy a file from a SharePoint document library to another based on file name that contains a numerical range.

Hello, 

I am trying to create a flow that will copy a file from one SharePoint Library to another based on the file name. 

The file name will always be similar to this format: XXXX-XXXX-####_R1.pdf. What I would like to copy by is the #### part of the name that could be a range similar to 0001 to 0999. 

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Amanthaper ,

1) There wont always be a underscore after the ####. It will always have a - before ####. 

2) The #### range will always be a four digit number, basically from 0001 to 8000 but the ranges will be broken out as 1000 - 1999, 2000 - 2999. 

3) If there is a underscore in the name it will always be _R# 

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Kell 

Please see this updated expression based on your response.

Substring(replace(variables('hackname'),' ',''),add(lastIndexOf(replace(variables('hackname'),' ',''),'-'),1),4)

You first mentioned first that the name could be XXXX-XXXX-####_R1 or 1000 - 1999, 2000 - 2999 which are quite different.

The expression above works with any of those patterns. Give it a shot.

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Kell 3 questions,

1) Is there always an underscore after the #### and a - before it? Is this the only underscore in the file name?

2) Will #### range always be 4 digits. You mentioned 0001 to 0999. Is this right?

3)  Are there always 2 letters after the underscore (R1)?

Thanks,
Aman

Hi @Amanthaper ,

1) There wont always be a underscore after the ####. It will always have a - before ####. 

2) The #### range will always be a four digit number, basically from 0001 to 8000 but the ranges will be broken out as 1000 - 1999, 2000 - 2999. 

3) If there is a underscore in the name it will always be _R# 

Thank you. 

@Kell 

Using your convention in an example, I used the following function to get the characters you mentioned:

Substring(variables('hackname'),sub(lastIndexOf(variables('hackname'),'_'),4),4)

Replace variables('hackname') with your object reference.

PAUG_stringfun1.png

Cheers,

Aman

If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Amanthaper  Thank you!!!!

Amanthaper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Kell 

Please see this updated expression based on your response.

Substring(replace(variables('hackname'),' ',''),add(lastIndexOf(replace(variables('hackname'),' ',''),'-'),1),4)

You first mentioned first that the name could be XXXX-XXXX-####_R1 or 1000 - 1999, 2000 - 2999 which are quite different.

The expression above works with any of those patterns. Give it a shot.

Cheers,

Aman

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,403)