cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
redhead7
Level: Powered On

Copy an Item to new SharePoint List when Status Changes - All Column info is not moving over-- help

I created a flow using advice and screen shots from a flow in this forum.  I am trying to copy items from the Hiring and Staffing Tracker (list 1) to the Hired/Probation Tracker (List 2) when the item on list 1 changes to Hired in the Current Status column.   I would like this item to then be deleted once all information is moved to List 2.

Pictures of the flow are included.  The title will move over.  I did run one test using the "delay" flow I found here and the column data moved over BUT the original list item (List 1) did not delete.  

List 1 is actually pretty large right now, and many items are listed as Hired.  Is there a way for the flow to move them over as a recurrence AND when an item is modified?  This way I do not have to change the status manually to make the flow work for items that are already listed as Hired?

Thank you for your help.flow shot 1.PNGflow shot 2.PNGlist 1.PNGlist 2.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy an Item to new SharePoint List when Status Changes - All Column info is not moving over-- h

Hi @redhead7,

I did a test on my side, the original list item was deleted normally.

Please ensure that the Id filled in the Delete item action is the ID of When an item is created or modified.

If you use the ID of the Create item action, it is incorrect, and may accidentally delete other items in the original list.

4.PNG

As for what you said "a way for the flow to move them over as a recurrence AND when an item is modified?", do you want to copy the item which status is already "Hired" in the original  list to List 2 and then delete it?

You could use Button as a manual trigger, then configure Get items to get all the items which status is already "Hired" in the original list(Filter the items using Filter query), and then configure the same action as before.

Image reference:

5.PNG

Note: The ID here uses the output of Get items.

Take a try and let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
redhead7

Re: Copy an Item to new SharePoint List when Status Changes - All Column info is not moving over-- h

@v-bacao-msft

Hi Barry,

I checked my flow.  I changed it to the correct ID.  It looks like it took two list items over but all of the columns did not transfer to the new list.  What do I need to do to make the columns from list 1 populate in list 2?  IT also did not appear to work for my test item, but looks to have taken one of the current list items.

I have not tried the button control yet because I do not want to lose all of the list data if the columns don't transfer over.

Thank you for your help,

Brianna

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @redhead7,

Do you want to copy the column in the original list to a new list via Flow?

I am afraid that Flow does not support such operations currently.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @redhead7!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! It appears as though @v-bacao-msft would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
redhead7

Yes, I would like it to copy all column information and transfer it over.  I saw a flow template that did do this in the forums, but that was one that was set as a delay trigger.  I have over a hundred entries in my list now and many are "completed" already so with the delay trigger, it does not move the items already on the list over.  Any suggestions?

williamchai210
Level: Power Up

May i know are you using sharepoint designer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,103)