cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Copy an item from one list to another within a SharePoint site based on condition or updated state

Action required
When an item has the column Status changing condition from 'Not approved' to 'Approved' in List#1  the following three columns should be created for a new item in List#2: Area, Specification-ID#, Specification
If for some reason the column Specification is updated for an item in List#1, the item in List#2 must be updated accordingly instead of creating a new one.

That should give a logic which looks something like this
if Status (List#1) = Approved
    if Specification-ID# (List#2) exist
          if Specification (List#1) <> Specifiction (List#2)
                  copy Specification (List#1) to Specifiction (List#2)
    else
          create new item in List#2 with the following columns from List#1
                  Area
                  Specification-ID#
                  Specification

Flow needs to run the conditional check of Status until all items in List#1 have been processed.

Should be pretty straightforward, but I'm having av hard time figuring out the Micosoft Flow syntax.
Been looking around, but have yet to find anything that solves this specific kind of flow.

Ideas anyone?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Have you tried a list item modified triggered followed by a number of condition steps and within the condition a create item?

Highlighted

Tried a couple of 'copy of item'.

The latest one gave me the following feedback: Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition_2' at line '1' and column '2448': 'The template language expression 'equals(length(body('Get-items')['Specification']), 0)' cannot be evaluated because property 'Specification' cannot be selected. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

So currently I'm looking at the JSON expressions, which at least make a bit more sense (to me), since I'm more used text based programming, though it would have been nice if there was a template available for my need. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @paf169,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

The error message told that the expression 'equals(length(body('Get-items')['Specification']), 0)' cannot be evaluated because property 'Specification' cannot be selected.

If you would get the Specification value of an item in the list, you should add an "Apply to each" under the "Get-items" action,

The expression of Specification value of each item in the list should be :

items('Apply_to_each')?['department']

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,236)