cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Copy contents of a field value from a record into a new record in the same list

I have a Flow that runs and creates a new record for me each weekday that has a title of "Daily Miscellaneous".  There will be only 1 record on any given day with that title.   

One of the fields in the list is entitled "Still Open".  I'd like to carry forward to each day's new record, the content of the "Still Open" from the prior "Daily Miscellaneous" record.  

I'm not an expert at Flow, though I've written a few, and I don't even know how to think about doing this.  Can someone point me in the right direction or give me the sentence/statement so I'll know how to approach this.    

Attached is an illustration that I hope will help clarify. 

Thank you, in advance, for your help. 

NewRecord.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CindyZ,

You could use the Recurrence trigger to run this Flow every day, I think the Get items action would be what you want.

You can use the Get items with an order by - Created desc, set the Top Count to 1, then the Get items will return the last item:

Annotation 2019-11-21 153637.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CindyZ,

You could use the Recurrence trigger to run this Flow every day, I think the Get items action would be what you want.

You can use the Get items with an order by - Created desc, set the Top Count to 1, then the Get items will return the last item:

Annotation 2019-11-21 153637.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Great! A good start.  I'll try this.  I'm wondering if I can filter that query by my title since it may not always be the last record.  In fact, that should be the first record of every day -- but I suppose I'll find out.  

Thanks for the direction. 

Hi @CindyZ,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Thank you.  I was finally able to get back to this and try.  I have my record copying everyday just fine.  However, I'm really stumped on copying only one field into my new record. First, I'm not showing any dynamic content. So, if I do the order by and Top count, I still don't see where the capability lies to copy only 1 field from that record.  

@v-litu-msftI finally got back to this again -- a new day -- a new light -- a new perspective and I've gotten it to work!!!!   Thanks every so much!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,123)