cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoGone
Level: Powered On

Copy contents of a specific folder to a new folder created in SharePoint

Hi, I am new to using flows. Trying to find a way to create a flow that can automatically copy contents of a specific folder when a new folder was created in ShrePoint.

Example -

A subsite on SharePoint has a folder with subfolders (a set template)

Within the same subsite our team creates new folders and manually copies the contents of the above folder

Can we automate this using flow?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Copy contents of a specific folder to a new folder created in SharePoint

Hi @GoGone 

Do you want to Copy the file or Move it from the folder? Based on the scneario, you can use the Move file or the Copy file actions for SharePoint in flow. Can you share more details on thsi so that we might be able to assist you better?

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

GoGone

Hi Yash, thanks for the reply. Everytime a new folder was created in one of the document library of our SharePoint site we want the contents of a folder within that document library to be automatically copied.

Example -

There is a SharePoint site "Sales" and it contains a document library "Quotes." In this document library there is a folder called "Templates" and this folder contains a few subfolders. If someone creates a new folder in the Quotes document library, we want all the folders within the Templates folder to be copied to the created new folder.

Hope this clears any confusion.

Thanks.

GoGone

Any ideas?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @GoGone 

I somehow missed your reply. Please see the screenshot below:

wpspp.PNG

What I am doing here is, trigger the flow when a new file is created in the document library. Next, check if it is a folder, if yes, List folder and here I am listing the folder that already exists (Templates folder in your case) and then copy each item from there to the newly created folder. 

Please check if this works for you. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

GoGone

Hi Yash, sorry for late response. I have replicated the same steps but the folders are not being copied. It could very well be me missing something obvious but just couldn't figure out.autoflow.JPG

GoGone

Hi Yash, is there anything apparant for you that I am missing?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @GoGone 

I see that the copy file is outside of the apply to each loop in your flow. Can you move it inside of the loop something similar to the screenshot that I shared earlier?

GoGone

@yashag2255 , updated but no luck 😞Flow2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,666)