cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ManuelV
Level: Power Up

Copy files from OD to ODFB - winrar files - actions that support chunked transfer mode

I need to copy lots of files from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business.

I'm following the Dropbox example detailed here, of course changing Dropbox by Onedrive and it works great.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/flow-copy-dropbox-to-onedrive-for-business/m-p/59...

However, when the files to be copied are winrar parts (xxx.part01.rar; xxx.part02.rar, etc) I get the error message quoted below (each part file size is 100Mb)

"InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_file' inputs at line '1' and column '1475': 'The template language function 'body' cannot be used when the referenced action outputs body has large aggregated partial content. Actions with large aggregated partial content can only be referenced by actions that support chunked transfer mode.'. "

I ran some tests, and it seems that the issue is not related to the type of files (winrar parts) because with small size files (total 7 files of 1 Mb each), the flow works ok, even if they were password protected winrar files.

So, it looks like that's a matter of the type of files and their size. I'm talking about 58 files of 100 Mb each (i.e. xxx.part01.rar up to xxx.part58.rar). If I try by only one file (i.e. I leave only xxx.part01.rar in the original directory), the errror message is the same.

I also tried to google "actions that support chunked transfer mode" and I couldn't find anything understandable for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy files from OD to ODFB - winrar files - actions that support chunked transfer mode

Hi ManuelV,

According to your description, I created a simple flow to test this issue. The Winrar files on OneDrive are all below 10 MB, all the files can be saved from OneDrive to OneDrive for Business without issues.

3.PNG

You said that you were taking about 58 files of 100 Mb each (i.e. xxx.part01.rar up to xxx.part58.rar), I am afraid that you’ve hit the limit of Flow. The limit is 100 MB maximum for a single message/file, pending support by individual connectors / systems. So once your file size is over 100MB, you will get the error message and only files with small size works for you.

Please take this thread for a reference:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/How-large-file-size-do-File-System-servi...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,912)