cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbieedwards
Level: Powered On

Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder issue. Files aren't created in Sharepoint

Hi,

Im currently trying to set up a flow that moves files to a blob storage folder when they are added into the Sharepoint folder by users.

I have used the template Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder issue and got to test and realised that this doesnt work if you move files into Sharepoint. Its only if you create the file in Sharepoint.

This isnt what I want. The user Gets there files and Adds them to the Sharepoint folder. Flow then copys the file to the blob table.

Is there anything in Flow that can give me what I want on this one?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder issue. Files aren't created in Sharepo

Hi @debbieedwards,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

The trigger "When a file is created" of sharepoint connector would onlt be triggered when a file is created in a folder, if you move a file from another folder to the new address, the flow wouldn't triggered.

I afraid that there is no any way to trigger the flow to moves files to a blob storage folder when users move file into the Sharepoint folder in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder issue. Files aren't created in Sharepo

Hi @debbieedwards,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

The trigger "When a file is created" of sharepoint connector would onlt be triggered when a file is created in a folder, if you move a file from another folder to the new address, the flow wouldn't triggered.

I afraid that there is no any way to trigger the flow to moves files to a blob storage folder when users move file into the Sharepoint folder in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

debbieedwards
Level: Powered On

Thanks for confirming it for me.

Ive put it on the ideas forum

Debbie

coolhead545
Level: Power Up

Hi Alice,

Do you know if this issue is resolved yet?

Thanks

Pulkit

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,195)