cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder issue. Files aren't created in Sharepoint

Hi,

Im currently trying to set up a flow that moves files to a blob storage folder when they are added into the Sharepoint folder by users.

I have used the template Copy files from a SharePoint folder to a AzureBlob folder issue and got to test and realised that this doesnt work if you move files into Sharepoint. Its only if you create the file in Sharepoint.

This isnt what I want. The user Gets there files and Adds them to the Sharepoint folder. Flow then copys the file to the blob table.

Is there anything in Flow that can give me what I want on this one?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @debbieedwards,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

The trigger "When a file is created" of sharepoint connector would onlt be triggered when a file is created in a folder, if you move a file from another folder to the new address, the flow wouldn't triggered.

I afraid that there is no any way to trigger the flow to moves files to a blob storage folder when users move file into the Sharepoint folder in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @debbieedwards,

I have made a test on my side and the issue is confirmed on my side.

The trigger "When a file is created" of sharepoint connector would onlt be triggered when a file is created in a folder, if you move a file from another folder to the new address, the flow wouldn't triggered.

I afraid that there is no any way to trigger the flow to moves files to a blob storage folder when users move file into the Sharepoint folder in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Thanks for confirming it for me.

Ive put it on the ideas forum

Debbie

Hi Alice,

Do you know if this issue is resolved yet?

Thanks

Pulkit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,151)