cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Copy files from file system to FTP

hi all,

i need to create a flow that copies a file from my local file system to an FTP server.

i've a gateway installed, and the flow works fine if i'm getting the file information and creating it in sharepoint (365).

however, when i replace the sharepoint connector with an FTP, I get the following error:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""An invalid request was made. Inspect the passed parameters and actions.\r\nclientRequestId: 30979729-e60f-4631-aa18-deb2bea25149",
  "source""ftpconnectionprovider-australiaeast.sy3-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

Currently:

1- when a file is created (properties only)

2- get file content

3- create file on FTP

steps 1 and 2 work fine. it fails on step 3.

Could someone please help or advise what i might be doing wrong?

I can go the other way without issues: Ie, when a file is created on the FTP site, I can get its contents and create the file internally.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Copy files from file system to FTP

hi all,

further to this, i am able to create a file on my FTP server, however only if I use dummy content.

I can use a file name using flow, however if i use file content, that's when the error occurs. i've tried both .docx files and .txt

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted

Further, i found an old post suggesting the same problem:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Error-in-flow-with-ftp/m-p/51300

however, it doesn't appear as if though there are any solutions posted - aside from deleting the connector and creating it again (which I did, and was unfortunately of no help to my process.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ allitnils,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

The error code of 400 appears if a setting in an action of the flow doesn't function as expected. 

The error message told that an invalid request was made,please inspect the passed parameters and actions,you'll need to click or tap the Edit button and then correct the problem inside the flow definition. Save the updated flow, and then click or tap Resubmit to try the run again with the updated configuration.

Please let me know if your issue could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have a similar problem, but in my case the files are created, however I still get 400 error.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm also getting this error: An invalid request was made. Inspect the passed parameters and actions.
clientRequestId:  but no solution. Any ideas how to fix this?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I didn't 'fix' it, but I setup a new FTP server on a Windows 10 computer and that works correctly.

The FTP server I was getting the errors with was on a Windows 7 computer but it's complicated by having a proprietary FTP management system which manages logins. I think it was an issue with that software which caused my error.

You might want to try a windows 10 FTP server if you are not using that, or some other FTP server sofware, e.g. filezilla

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,810)