cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlokey

Copy files to Picture Library and auto tag with folder names

Hello, my organization is looking into creating a Picture Library so images will be more easily searchable. One thing that would make this really work for us would be if we could have a flow automatically copy pictures over from other Folders in SharePoint and  automatically tag them with their folders' names as keywords. 

For example, if a picture where uploaded in the folder chain Mexico > Puebla > Installation

Then I'd want the picture to remain in that folder but also automatically copy to the Picture Library with the keywords, "Mexico", "Puebla" and "Installation". 

Is this possible? If it needs to be 2 flows, that would be fine. Whatever works.

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @hlokey  you can do something like this.

update.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata

Thanks for your response. This is the right idea but it is missing 2 key things.

First, I don't want to copy all files, only image files so I need some type of condition to filter by. I've tried adding a condition by file type but it's not working yet (it may be due to other issues in the flow).

Secondly, I want to tag (or name) the file with the names of the source folders automatically instead of where you wrote "Mexico" in your example. We have over 300 projects that would each have their own folder now and each of those folders could act as the "source" folder for this flow, so I won't be able to manually determine what the title should be -- it needs to come from the path/properties of the original file. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,102)