cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPH
Level: Powered On

Copy files to another location and a folder based on document library custom colum

Hello,

Im looking for a way to copy a file from a document library to a new folder based on a custom column.

Example: Document Library has a custom column named Attributes. Document/file has has the value Yes on the Attributes column. The file wil be copied to a new location and into a folder called Attributes.

Is this possible?, if it is, can you guide me the right way to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Copy files to another location and a folder based on document library custom colum

Hi @DPH 

There is a SharePoint flow action called Copy File. 

Have a look at this and see whether it meets your requirements or not?

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy files to another location and a folder based on document library custom colum

Hi @DPH ,

Yes, your requirement could be achieved, you could create a flow for a selected file, and add a Condition check the column value of the Attributes , if the column value of the Attributes is equal to Yes, add a copy file action to copy the file to the new folder.

Please take a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DPH
Level: Powered On

@v-alzhan-msft  Could this also be archived without need of selected a specific file? It would be a a Document Library with a lot of files in different folders. And it would be amazing if the flow could find every file in different folders, and copy to the correct place of the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 130 members 5,258 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: