cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Copy folders with content from OneDrive/SharePoint to FileSystem.

Hello. 

I recently discovered Power Automate and came across this question. Is there any way to copy a folder with all its subfolders and files from OneDrive\SharePoint to FileSystem?

For example I have Master Folder that contains subfolder with subfolders and files. Something like this: MasterFolder > Subfolder > Subfolder1, Subfolder2, Subfolder3. I need copy Subfolder with its Subfolders from Master Folder to another folder on File System.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

There are several actions on the OneDrive and SharePoint connectors that gives you the directory names. You could then create variables for those returned attributes and parse those in to new file create actions. See:

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Why not just use the OneDrive for Business system sync client?

With that said, you may review the OneDrive for Business connector documentation for a full list of the capabilities. To store files locally via the file system you'd have to utilize the On-Premises Data Gateway. You could then utilize the File System connector for saving to local system files.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE.

Highlighted

Everything you wrote is relevant for copying files. And I need to copy the folder structure with the files inside these folders.

Highlighted

There are several actions on the OneDrive and SharePoint connectors that gives you the directory names. You could then create variables for those returned attributes and parse those in to new file create actions. See:

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, your Flow run history, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,679)