Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy properties of a data type from one list to another list

Good Day Flow users !!!

I'm relatively new to Microsoft Flows and am stuck on one requirement I have. 

- How do I make a flow to copy all properties of a datatype from One SP List to Another SP list. For Ex: I am receiving employee user details (using a single entry as People/Group)  which has many properties such as Email ID, Display Picture, Display Name etc,   from PowerApp to a SP List . I need to copy all information in "people/groups" data type from that SP list to another SP list.

I tried this using dynamic expression but it splits the data type into various properties. Please help me on this.

Thank You

~TreatsAssured

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy properties of a data type from one list to another list

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into a Person or Group column in another SP list?

Or do you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into multiple columns in another SP list?

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

If you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into a Person or Group column in another SP list, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

The DestinationPerson field set to OriginalPerson Claims dynamic content of the trigger.

Note: The OriginalPerson column is a Person or Group type column in my Original SP list (List 1), the DestinationPerson column is a Person or Group type column in my Another list (List 2)

The flow works successfully as below:2.JPG

3.JPG

If you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into multiple columns in another SP list, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

Note: If you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into multiple columns in another SP list, you need to create multiple columns in your another list to store corresponding properties of a Person column from your original list.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy properties of a data type from one list to another list

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into a Person or Group column in another SP list?

Or do you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into multiple columns in another SP list?

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

If you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into a Person or Group column in another SP list, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

The DestinationPerson field set to OriginalPerson Claims dynamic content of the trigger.

Note: The OriginalPerson column is a Person or Group type column in my Original SP list (List 1), the DestinationPerson column is a Person or Group type column in my Another list (List 2)

The flow works successfully as below:2.JPG

3.JPG

If you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into multiple columns in another SP list, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

Note: If you want to copy all properties of a Person or Group column from one SP list into multiple columns in another SP list, you need to create multiple columns in your another list to store corresponding properties of a Person column from your original list.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 163 members 4,804 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: