cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasHager
Level: Powered On

Copy records from Excel file to SharePoint List

I already found some very useful input on how to do this, but I'm stuck on one part. I actually want the user to browse for the Excel file (standard format) and select it from a local folder (or a folder placed on the user's OneDrive for Business) and then run the get rows and import to the list. It is just this first part to select the local file that I'm missing.

Is it possible to do this?

Really appreciate any guidance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy records from Excel file to SharePoint List

Hi @ThomasHager,

Have you tried the connector File system on your side? Connect to File Systems on your local or network machines to read from and write to files using the On-Premises Data Gateway. Please take the doc on File system for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/filesystem/

Then when using the action “Excel – Get rows”, change the connection to File system to get the Excel file saved on your local PC.

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ThomasHager,

Have you tried the connector File system on your side? Connect to File Systems on your local or network machines to read from and write to files using the On-Premises Data Gateway. Please take the doc on File system for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/filesystem/

Then when using the action “Excel – Get rows”, change the connection to File system to get the Excel file saved on your local PC.

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ThomasHager
Level: Powered On

That looks like a really neat solution. Many thnks for the guidance. I was just thinking - if I settle with having the Excel file in question on OneDrive, would that allow me to simplify the solution and skip the data gateway? What would be the equivalent step to the File System setup in such limited approach? Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 192 members 4,964 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: