Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mesan123
Helper I
Helper I

Copy table from one excel online stored on SharePoint to another one

Dear sisters and brothers in arms,

I would like to ask whether there is an alternative way how to copy data from one excel table saved in a Sharepoint folder to another table than with using "Parse JSON" step for referencing the table values (see my working flow below). In the flow below I am trying to copy a simple 2-columns table to a empty table in the destination folder. Both tables have same headers. The issue I have is that the "add row into a table" operation takes quite long time. 

Could you please advise?

Thanks

Martin

Please see my flow below:

mesan123_0-1600334815779.png

mesan123_1-1600334864561.png

5 REPLIES 5
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @mesan123 

You don't need the parse json part.

You can use the values from the "List Rows" and then include then in your loop.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @manuelstgomes

Thank you for the comment. 

If I go directly to values from the "List Rows Present in a table" without JSON part I got a very limited option of dynamic content from this step (only "value" and "body"), so I am not able to reference the column values into the "Row" field of the "Add a row". Please see the snip:

mesan123_0-1600339481818.png

Any suggestion, please?

Hello @mesan123 

As @manuelstgomes  said, you don't need the parse json part. Has your excel table columns? They should be displayed in the dynamic content, like in the following example: 

tables.png

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi!

I believe @mesan123 needs a JSON object to 'add a row into a table' since the file name was dynamicly assigned, i.e. not from the selector. THus, flow editor cannot figure out the columns structure.

If my understanding is correct, and the challenge is to improve the performance, I would recommend this great article explaining how to use Graph API from Power Automate instead of Excel connector action blocks to speed the process

https://sharepains.com/2020/06/08/super-fast-update-excel-using-power-automate/

Hope this saves your day

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo , 

Thanks for your reply.

I think my issue is in the step "List Rows Present in a Table" as I am refering here to a dynamic excel file -> this reference does not give me an option to select a table from the drop-down with a note "Could not retrieve values" (snip #1), so what I did I simply typed the name of the table as hard paste to the "Table" field.  

That is I believe the reason why I cannot use the referencing to columns same as you in the snip with "Date", "Type", "Expense". I simply cannot see the column references in the dynamic content menu of "List rows" and cannot use them in the "Add a Row" step (snip #2). 

snip: #1

mesan123_1-1600351146041.png

snip: #2

mesan123_3-1600351924078.png

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,450)