cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EY
Frequent Visitor

Copy the content of a new Excel file created in OneDrive to another file

Hi,

I am new to Power Automate and would you offer my some help?

I have people sending me an Excel file by email from time to time for some product updates, what I need to do is to merge all those information (multiple rows) onto a master file I am keeping on OneDrive. Basically both files are having the same format in a table, e.g.

DepartmentStaff NameContact NumberProduct A QuantityProduct B QuantityProduct C Quantity

Let's say if I save the received new file into a OneDrive folder, would Power Automate be triggered as "a file is created in a folder" then

- Read the content in the received file

- Check if the staff is a new one, append it in the master file as a new row

- Or if it is an existing staff, then update the corresponding information behind

Regards,

10 REPLIES 10
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @EY  you can try this.

excel.PNG

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi ChristianAbata,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried to put it up the same way, but new files being created are probably in different file names, how can the file and table information be defined?

Capture.JPG

hi @EY  try with this.asda.PNG

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi@ChristianAbata 

My test run is successful now. But when checking at the result,  all the cells are blank. Is it correct if I put the setting like this?

Untitled.jpg

hi @EY  in department you need to add the department value but from your excel conector

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @ChristianAbata 

May I know how the command is like? Seems I don't have any selection to choose from dynamic content, I tried simply put "Department" in, same problem.

thanks.

hi @EY  sorry for delay, list rows in a table have columns I think... whe you are inserting data in the other excelm you need to add the columns that have list rows conector.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @ChristianAbata 

I am not sure if I get what you mean, I tried

Untitled.jpg

in the other excel a row is added but empty.

Untitled2.jpg

@EY  please see the image please, I don't know if is correct my suppose.

sopose.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

yes, @ChristianAbata , your understanding is correct.

Both tables in those excels are exactly the same. I always get empty cells copied to excel2. is my outputs() command right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,647)