cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy xls from one sharepoint to another

I am trying to build a flow that will automatically copy a file anytime it is updated from one sharepoint to another. 

I have the triggers all set. 

I then used the "copy file" function and when I get to where I need to define the file that needs to be copied i am running into trouble. 

I can point it directly to the file and it works no problem however the file name changes from time to time. (Rev2,3,4) added to the filename type of thing. 

THis is the only XLS that is stored in the paticular folder. How do I get flow to copy the file that contains "DocumentIdea" in the title and is an XLS?

THanks for any help you guys can provide! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Copy xls from one sharepoint to another

Anyone?
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Copy xls from one sharepoint to another

@Anonymouscould you not do this in reverse and keep the files you want to copy as the master, then save the copy with say a timestamp using the utc in front of the filename when you move it.  Or you could copy it in the orginal location at a time it might not be editied with a utc time stamp and then copy that file to another location.  Putting a UTCnow timestamp worked for me recently even though mine has not been used in anger yest.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,402)