Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Copying Flow steps for reuse or editing

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out if I can copy a branch in a flow to re-use it and searching the KB for things related to copying yields a lot of results on using flows to copy items, but little on Copying parts of flows for re-use.

I have a flow with multiple parallel paths.  In each Parallel path, I am doing an update item based on a conditional check.  I would like to the parallel path so that I can 1) reuse it another flow and 2) add it to this flow and just edit a couple of parameters rather than build it from scratch everytime I need it.

There is a "copy" function that copies to the clipboard, but I can't find anywhere that talks about what this means or if it can be pasted elsewhere.

Is it even possible to copy a flow step and re-use it?

Many thanks,

MattH2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Copying Flow steps for reuse or editing

AS YOu mentioned you can copy a Flow step to your clipboard.  When you want to enter a new action you will see that there is a category tab called my clipboard.  Any actions you have copied to your clipboard will be there and you can use them like any other action.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

AS YOu mentioned you can copy a Flow step to your clipboard.  When you want to enter a new action you will see that there is a category tab called my clipboard.  Any actions you have copied to your clipboard will be there and you can use them like any other action.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helper I
Helper I

Pstork1 -- I think you are my hero -- although I am slightly embarrassed by my inability find these things on my own.

Really appreciate all  your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,221)