Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pn1995
Helper I
Helper I

Copying MS Form Text to SharePoint List Gives A Error

Hi 

We have a MS Form that has a Long Text input and when the form is submitted we want this to populate a SharePoint list in a field that is setup to accept multiple lines of text.

The PowerAutomate flow works fine for all the other inputs we have in the MS Form - these copy across ok

How if we enter more that 255 characters into the Long Text field of the MS Form the PowerAutomate erros out with the below and attached issues...

The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The API operation 'PostItem' requires the property 'item/PotentialHarm' to be a string of maximum length '255' but is of length '343'.

ErrorError

Anyone know how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

HI @pn1995 ,

Can you please double check the column type in SharePoint?

If it is a Multiple Lines of Text column indeed, you may want to try and select another list in the Create Item action and then switching back.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

HI @pn1995 ,

Can you please double check the column type in SharePoint?

If it is a Multiple Lines of Text column indeed, you may want to try and select another list in the Create Item action and then switching back.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
pn1995
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks - switching to a different list and then back worked! What a system hey 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,276)