cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Copying Multiple Choice & Person Picker Fields Between Lists

With the upcoming turning off of 2010 SPD workflows I am trying to replace our legacy workflows with PowerAutomate. However, I have ran into a faily major issue in that there doesn't seem to be a simple way to copy multiple choice fields from one list to another, when you put the old field into the new field you get an "apply to each" operation which will then create as many new list items as there were options in that field, each with one choice.

I have tried following this:

https://sharepains.com/2018/04/23/microsoft-flow-the-pains-of-sharepoints-multi-people-fields/

but it has not worked, the flow just gives a bad gateway error and tries again and again to fill the field. I also tried creating arrays of the email addess/username/claims but again nothing works.

Is there another way to do this? I don't understand why Microsoft are brekaing something without replacing it with something that has the same capabilities.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lewkir,

Multiple person field is an object format, so using string to update it couldn't work, you could refer to the following step to update it:

Annotation 2020-07-29 105336.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-29 105337.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

@Lewkir 

For multiple choice field-

1. Initialize a variable - Type string (based on your requirement)

2. Append to string Variable

Annotation 2020-07-28 193726.jpg

In this way all your choices will be stored in a variable.

For multiple person,you can use same steps.

Thanks

Hardesh

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lewkir,

Multiple person field is an object format, so using string to update it couldn't work, you could refer to the following step to update it:

Annotation 2020-07-29 105336.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-29 105337.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (20,421)