Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dugsdad
Level: Powered On

Copying O365 Calendar to Google Calendar - Recurring Events

Hi All 

New to Flow so be gentle if this is a "duh" question. Smiley Happy

I'm taking a different approach to getting my O365 calendar onto my Google calendar (you can assume just authenticating and subscribing isn't an option).  Creating new events in Google on the creation of new events on O365 is great if you're starting with a completely blank calendar, but that's not the case.  Using ICS subscriptions seems to be updated by Google only every 12 hours or so and leveraging a combination of the two results in duplicate entries.  In the hopes of a better option, I'm adding footer text to Flow created events so I can identify them to delete and recreate my O365 calendar to my Google calendar from a schedule for the next 90 days of activity.  This eliminates duplicates, gets around the dreaded "deleted appointment" problem and puts me in control of the frequency of updates.  Everything works as expected except.... Recurring appointments.

I'm using the "Start Time" to filter my list of calendar items to items starting between today and today + 90 days.  What I'm experiencing is this:

• A recurring event that I created in the future (Monday thru Friday of this coming week, for example) will copy only the "Monday" event and nothing else.
  • If the recurring events were created prior to today, they don't copy at all even if they extend into that 90 day window.

I've read the posts pleading for a "recurrence" attribute for the Google Calendar connector so I know that's not an option.  From my testing, I can assume that the "Start Time" on a recurring event is treated differently than on an event that is non-recurring.

Can anyone point me in a direction that will help me overcome my issue?  Here's the relevant portion of my Flow.

Copy Events.png

Thanks

Ken

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copying O365 Calendar to Google Calendar - Recurring Events

Hi @dugsdad,

This should be a current limitation of the Google Calendar Create Event Action.

I think you should noticed that there is no recurrence Input Box available under the Google Calendar Create Event action, and there are ideas submitted on this already:

Google Calendar Action Limits - Recurring Events

Add support for recurring Google Calendar events and delete triggers

Please vote it up so that the Product Team would then put its priority over the other feature requests.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dugsdad
Level: Powered On

Re: Copying O365 Calendar to Google Calendar - Recurring Events

Thanks for the reply, Michael.  I had already added my vote. Smiley Happy  Was hoping someone may have come up with some creative workaround while we wait.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 5,016 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: