Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Copying/Pasting Error Message

Hi.

I am excited to use this feature.  I have a repeatable processes that i tried to copy but i get the error "Failed to find XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX (<-- guid) in definition".

I tried to copy only one trigger and also the conditional statements that have multiple and still receive the same error.

What can i be missing?!?!?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @Misa ,

Thank you for feedback, I have tested it and find the same issue you mentioned when I add an action from the clipboard into a Switch action branch.

1.png

Copy action is currently in the preview phase, and I've tested some scenarios on my side and found that this happens only if you add replicated action in Switch Action, and maybe in other scenarios as well.

The suggestion is that if a similar issue occurs, you can manually create.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Misa 

Currently copying triggers is not supported in flow. You can only copy actions. Can you please share a screenshot of the error facing? 

This could be a caching issue too. Can you try loggin out of the current session, close the current window, start a fresh session and see if you continue to face the same issue? You might want to try in different browsers too. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted

Hi @yashag2255 and thank you.  Below is a screenshot of the error that i get.  I tried the methods you mentioned above and received the same error.  

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Hi @Misa ,

Thank you for feedback, I have tested it and find the same issue you mentioned when I add an action from the clipboard into a Switch action branch.

1.png

Copy action is currently in the preview phase, and I've tested some scenarios on my side and found that this happens only if you add replicated action in Switch Action, and maybe in other scenarios as well.

The suggestion is that if a similar issue occurs, you can manually create.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi!

I did find that the error also happens with Condition statements and single actions.  

The workflow is fairly large so i am really trying to take advantage of the new feature Smiley Very Happy .

Highlighted

image.pngI have figured out a workaround even when dealing with controls. It can be very useful when you have a lot of cases on your switch. 

1. Create a parallel branch above your control

2. Create a scope under the parallel branch

3. Within the scope create the entire process you want for the case

4. Copy your scope to clipboard

5. Paste a new scope under the parallel branch as well

6. Drag your duplicate scope into the desired case

7. Update small changes accordingly per case

8. Rinse Repeat

Highlighted

Thanks for this workaround - very helpful and a timesaver

Highlighted

@v-bacao-msft, It's responses like yours that make me very, very angry. "Copy action is currently in the preview phase." For two years?! "The suggestion is that if a similar issue occurs, you can manually create." That's not a solution! It's not even a workaround! Your response is a perfect example of what happens when a company realizes they don't have to care about user experience.

@wjpatton, This sounds plausible. I'll give your suggestion a shot. This might be an actual workaround, unlike "v-bacao's" suggestion.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

****Update**** Apologies realised someone had posted these instructions already and cant delete this response

I know this is an old post, but thought I would post if it will help others.

I got around this by pasting the item outside of the switch and then dragging it into the switch.

Where it was the first item I was adding to the switch I had to add an action first, I just used a send mail action. Then dragged my pasted item below the send mail action and then deleted the send mail action.

If the clipboard item contains an Apply to Each, you may need to remove the Select an output from previous step to move it into the switch.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,053)