cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Misa
Level: Powered On

Copying/Pasting Error Message

Hi.

I am excited to use this feature.  I have a repeatable processes that i tried to copy but i get the error "Failed to find XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX (<-- guid) in definition".

I tried to copy only one trigger and also the conditional statements that have multiple and still receive the same error.

What can i be missing?!?!?

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copying/Pasting Error Message

Hi @Misa ,

Thank you for feedback, I have tested it and find the same issue you mentioned when I add an action from the clipboard into a Switch action branch.

1.png

Copy action is currently in the preview phase, and I've tested some scenarios on my side and found that this happens only if you add replicated action in Switch Action, and maybe in other scenarios as well.

The suggestion is that if a similar issue occurs, you can manually create.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Misa 

Currently copying triggers is not supported in flow. You can only copy actions. Can you please share a screenshot of the error facing? 

This could be a caching issue too. Can you try loggin out of the current session, close the current window, start a fresh session and see if you continue to face the same issue? You might want to try in different browsers too. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Misa

Hi @yashag2255 and thank you.  Below is a screenshot of the error that i get.  I tried the methods you mentioned above and received the same error.  

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Misa ,

Thank you for feedback, I have tested it and find the same issue you mentioned when I add an action from the clipboard into a Switch action branch.

1.png

Copy action is currently in the preview phase, and I've tested some scenarios on my side and found that this happens only if you add replicated action in Switch Action, and maybe in other scenarios as well.

The suggestion is that if a similar issue occurs, you can manually create.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Misa

Hi!

I did find that the error also happens with Condition statements and single actions.  

The workflow is fairly large so i am really trying to take advantage of the new feature Smiley Very Happy .

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 354 members 6,069 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: