cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakes_Profile

Copying SharePoint list item (text) to clipboard

I'm creating a button in a SharePoint list to launch a flow as mentioned here.

The goal is to have a  list in SharePoint that has a column full of URLs and templates that I want to quickly copy/paste in another window. I want to use a flow to take the contents of that column and copy an item to the clipboard.

I don't know a lot about MS flows but I assume there could be something in "data operation", "Apply to each", or "Expression" using dynamic content to achieve what I'm looking for. The frustration I've run into is when I'm searching for potential solutions I keep getting articles and forum posts about the "copy to my clipboard" function when building out a flow which is not what I'm looking for at all. I'm not looking to copy a function, I'm looking for a function that will copy a list item to my clipboard.

Thank you for any help. It is greatly appreciated. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jakes_Profile,

There is no function that could copy a list item to clipboard in PowerAutomate.

The "copy to my clipboard" is a feature in PA that could copy action to the clipboard, when you create a new repeat action, you could choose them in the My clipboard:Screenshot 2021-02-26 135728.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-26 135847.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @jakes_Profile 

I don't believe there is an option to copy to your local clipboard as this is local/onprem to your PC and PowerAutomate is cloud based.  My only suggestion woud be to use a send to email or post to chat via flow bot option with the string that you require from the flow and then you can copy from this new source? 

Alternatively, where are you looking to paste the string to after it has been copied?

Damien

jakes_Profile

These URLs and templates will be used in another program for social media. We're using Sprinklr as our tool to moderate social media responses and provide URL links as needed.

I just ran across this and I don't know if this would work. What are your thoughts about this?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/desktop-flows/create-desktop

Thank you for help, @DamoBird365  🙂

@v-litu-msft I'm familiar with that process. I'm referring to copying the clipboard from my computer itself.  
DamoBird365 responded with something closer to what I have in mind if you review their comment.

I want to create a button on my SharePoint lists that will allow me to copy another field of the same list rather than right-clicking the list in SharePoint and left-clicking "Copy field to clipboard".

I know that sounds silly but we're just trying to cut down on right-clicking anything and just tapping a button. We previously had an Excel sheet that had a Macro button that copied a hidden field in the Excel document so I'm trying to keep the operation similar as we move from using that Excel sheet to using SharePoint.

DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @jakes_Profile 

Do you know how to use PowerShell?  Maybe you could write something to use

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-pnp/get-pnplistitem and 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.management/set-clipboard

e.g. (Get-PnPListItem -List Tasks -Fields "Title","GUID").FieldValues

I haven't tried Windows Recorder RPA, I have tried PowerAutomateDesktop but even then I wouldn't have thought combining RPA to PowerAutomate to add data to the clipboard to be a slick solution.  WIll have to see what others come up with on this one.

Damien

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,693)