cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jffjck
Level: Powered On

Copying a new file from DropBox to OneDrive Business

I am trying to create a flow that copies any new file created in my DropBox account into my OneDrive for Business account.

The flow fails on the "DropBox - when a new file is created" step with the following error"

Error Code
BadRequest
Http request failed with HttpRequestException: 'Cannot write more bytes to the buffer than the configured maximum buffer size: 26214400.'.
Inputs
Folder

I am not sure how to solve the problem based on the error message.

Any suggestions appreciated.
6e202211-2856-4d17-9ded-5beb8b8626b0
Outputs
Body
Headers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff ashwinsa
PowerApps Staff

Re: Copying a new file from DropBox to OneDrive Business

Thanks for reporting this. As of today, there is a limit of 25MB on the fle content. The connector team is actively working to remove this restriction.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jffjck

A bit more information.

It seems that the problem is actually due to file size - when I drop in a 2mb file it copies from Dropbox to OoneDRive without an issue. When I test with ah 58mb file, I recieve the buffer error.

PowerApps Staff ashwinsa
PowerApps Staff

Thanks for reporting this. As of today, there is a limit of 25MB on the fle content. The connector team is actively working to remove this restriction.

View solution in original post

BartVermeersch

Is there an update on this?

I have the same issue when trying to copy new files in a SP library to OneDrive for business:

Cannot write more bytes to the buffer than the configured maximum buffer size: 52428800

I assume the size doubled? I can live with limitations but the main problem is that you can't check for file size first. The trigger event is throwing the error, not the copy action.

It is also blocking new triggers: apparently the flow first tries to redo that large file every time. The flow is unable to get passed the large file to process the newer (smaller) files.

Bart

PowerApps Staff ashwinsa
PowerApps Staff

Adding @SameerCh for connector issues.

Quoting customer here,

"It is also blocking new triggers: apparently the flow first tries to redo that large file every time. The flow is unable to get passed the

large file to process the newer (smaller) files."

Can you please provide the flow id in question ? You can get it from the browser url when the flow is open.

If the call to pass the trigger fails do we reset the trigger state ? We should handle this error better.

BartVermeersch

Hello,

I have the same issue again but now with the ' character in the filename:

Hoofdtekst

{ "status": 400, "message": "De expressie web/GetFileByServerRelativeUrl('/sites/beheer/THEMA'S2_1617.pdf')/$value is niet geldig.", "source": "https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/beheer/_api/web/GetFileByServerRelativeUrl('/sites/beheer/THEMA'S2_1617.pdf')/$value", "errors": [ "-1", "Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException" ] }

My flow fails and is retrying each time. New files are not processed. My flow can't get passed this file.

I believe the flow id is 220eea95-eed3-44b7-89a3-1376c5e8a615.

Thanks,

Bart
James_V02
Level: Power Up

Is this still the case today?

if so is it lilkey that this limitation will be lifted soon to match the 10GB filesize limit in OneDrive Business?

Regards,
James

npnigro

Any workaround for the size limitation? Still getting this error:

Http request failed as there is an error: 'Cannot write more bytes to the buffer than the configured maximum buffer size: 104857600.'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,031)