cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MTG
Level: Powered On

Copying an item of list A when its field modified to List B

I have a situation where I want an items of lets say List A to get copied to another List and that would be List B when any of the List A's item field were modified. in addition if the same item were modified again, I want the same entry on List B gets updated with the whatever modification was made on the same item. So in a sense is like Copy an item when its modified from list A to List B and update List B if an existing item was modified 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copying an item of list A when its field modified to List B

Hi @MTG ,

Do you mean to synchronize the items in the two lists?

The item in list A is created/deleted/modified, and the corresponding item in List B is also created/deleted/modified.

If this is the case, we need to set a reference field to identify the corresponding items. I suggest adding an ItemID(Number type) field in list B to record the ID of the item in List A.

Please refer to the screenshot below to configure Flow:

25.PNG

Note: The Dynamic content in Create item is all from When an item is created or modified.

The ID configured in Update item is from Get items, the ItemID field is not need to configured, and the rest of the field configuration Dynamic content is all from When an item is created or modified.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

This is a relativly simple Flow to design. Basically, When an item is created or modified in SharePoint List A, Update item or Create item depending on if the Name of List A is equal to the Name of List B.

WhenListUpdatedAddOrUpdateOtherList.PNGHow you best compare the values in the condition depends on the data within your two lists. I've used Name only as an example here. The Use expressions in conditions to check multiple values documentation, and the A Visual Explanation of Flow Logical Expressions blog post should hel you accompish this. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MTG ,

Do you mean to synchronize the items in the two lists?

The item in list A is created/deleted/modified, and the corresponding item in List B is also created/deleted/modified.

If this is the case, we need to set a reference field to identify the corresponding items. I suggest adding an ItemID(Number type) field in list B to record the ID of the item in List A.

Please refer to the screenshot below to configure Flow:

25.PNG

Note: The Dynamic content in Create item is all from When an item is created or modified.

The ID configured in Update item is from Get items, the ItemID field is not need to configured, and the rest of the field configuration Dynamic content is all from When an item is created or modified.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MTG

@Brad_Groux 

I'm really sorry for the late reply. I was away from the office. I know its simple and logicaly easy to build but the condition never turned true it always says false and creates another entry. Maybe this is relevant the List A is calendar list and list B is a custom list both have same fields, yet I cant get any List A's entry get updated in List B if it exists. 

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

All I want is List B gets updated if an entry exists in both lists. I can't get it updated it always creates another entry. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MTG ,

Could you share the full screenshots of the Flow configuration?

Best Regards,

MTG

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Here is below the screenshots of the flow

s1.JPGs2.JPGs3.JPG

On condition Dynamic content title both are when an item is created or modified. On Update Item field Id is from get an item. Other fields are all when item is created or modified.

Thank you in advance.

MTG

@v-bacao-msft 

The expression you provided was the last bit that I need for the flow to work. I've tried @Brad_Groux suggestion with a condition and fields that both Lists have in common such in my case Title but it fails becuase If I set get items to grab Meetings list, the condition will always return false and If I set get items to grab AllEvents list the condition will always returns true. @v-bacao-msft your solution works for me if I need to copy/create an existing entry in List A to List B and If entry is exist in List A and B and I have modified the same entry in List A the entry will get updated in List B

Thank you @v-bacao-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 4,125 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: