cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DemoMan
Level: Powered On

Copying an item to a list folder?

I've been tasked with creating a workflow/flow that would move a item to a folder on the same list.

I understand that the items can't be moved with a flow, so copying the item and deleting the original seems like the best idea.

The main issue I have is identifying the folder in the list in order to copy the item in it. Is there a way to use Flow or SPD to copy the item inside a specific list folder?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copying an item to a list folder?

Hi @DemoMan,

Could you please explain more details about the list folder that you mentioned?

If you want to move the items from a list to another list, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DemoMan,

Have your problem be solved according to my solution?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

DemoMan

Hi Alice,

Thank you for your response I apoligize for the delay in replying back. In more detail what I'm trying to accomplish is as follows:

I created a folder on a list, by going to Items>New Folder.

I added specific permissions to this folder because only specific users should see the folder or the items inside of it.

I have a flow that creates an item on this list based on the contents of an email.

I'm trying to create the item inside of the folder that already exists on this list by using flow.

If creating the item inside the folder is not possible I could also use a way to create the item on the list, then copy it to the folder and delete the original.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for your help.

DemoMan

Hi Alice, I was able to do it this way using SharePoint Designer, I set Folder as a field in the create item variable and I added the name of the list folder where I wanted the item to be created in the Value field. This creates an item inside the folder in a list. is there a way to import this into flow?

CFWF2.PNG

CFWF.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 207 members 4,445 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: