Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bron
Helper I
Helper I

Copying emails to Sharepoint Library based on part of the subject line

Hello you clever people!

I am looking for a way to save copies of emails sent or received to different libraries based on what is in the subject line.

For example, in our tendering space, we set up a folder for each tender we are working on with a whole heap of subfolders. Each tender is assigned a unique number (a folder name will look something like this: T21064 Culvert Demolition - QGC).

So, using the above example, any outgoing emails with T21064 as part of the subject line would be filed in the Correspondence OUT folder under the T21064 Culvert Demolition - QGC folder. Any incoming emails with that number in the subject line would be filed under Correspondence IN.

Have any of you done something similar? Can you point me in the right direction?

Regards,

Bronwyn

1 REPLY 1
AntoniaN
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Bron,

Thanks for reaching out.

To select items based on subject in your flow, you can use the action "Get emails (V3)" from the Outlook connector. With this action you can select in which folder to look (Inbox, Sent etc.) and by going to advanced options ("Show advanced options") you can add the string you want to look for in the emails subject using the Subject Filter.

subjectFilterOutlook.png

After the emails are selected, for each of them you can create a new file in a SharePoint library.
To have the email content in the file as plain text and not HTML format (the standard way the email body output is in), use an "Html to text" action from the Content conversion connector.

createFileSPO.png

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Best regards,
Antonia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,964)