cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJJ94
Frequent Visitor

Copying from sharepoint list to sharepoint list is extremely slow. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi, 

I am trying to copy items from one SharePoint list to another with a timestamp. Essentially, I am trying to create a snapshot of the list each month. It seems that the flow I have build works, however, it takes more than 2 hours to complete. The flow looks like the below and in the attached picture. 

1. Recurrence every month - 0 seconds

2. Sharepoint: get Items - 3 minutes (I have included pagination in this step as I am trying to pull approx. 3000 rows).

3. Apply to each

3.1 Sharepoint: Create Item - >2 hours.

What do I do?

Kind regards, 

J

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JJJ94
Frequent Visitor

I used the sharepoint to CSV template in MS Flow and then connected to Power BI. It took less than a minute doing it this way 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JJJ94,

How about the Networking on your side? How many rows do you have in the list?

When working with small number of items, do you get the same issue?

I have made a simple test on my side to copy items from one list to another list. But I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side as I don’t have more than 100 items in the list.

Please try again with it on your side. If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mabel Mao, 

I am trying with two lists. one has approx. 300 rows and takes 25 minutes and the other has approx. 3000 rows and takes 4 hours. 

There does not seem to be anything wrong with the internet connection. 

From the picture below, you can see the flow that has run with 3000 rows. It seems that it is the apply to each part that is the problem. 

Capture.PNG

Kind regards, 

J

JJJ94
Frequent Visitor

I used the sharepoint to CSV template in MS Flow and then connected to Power BI. It took less than a minute doing it this way 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,230)