Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToFj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Correct Order placement for Tiles (promoted links) in Sharepoint based on ID

Hello everyone

I have a flow that creates a tile (promoted link) in Sharepoint but I can't get it to place my tile in the correct order. It always places my new tiles first. However, I would like them to be placed according to their ID number. Otherwise the flow works fine. 

Below is my attempt to do this, but it is unfortunately not working. I have tried placing the part "Order": "Output" several places, but usually it doesn't do anything... Not even an error. The Output is just an integer of the ID, as I thought it had to be an integer and not a string. 

Create tile with Json.JPG

If anyone has a suggestion as to how this might be achieved it would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ToFj,

I believe the name of the field is TileOrder. Try the following syntax in your body field of the action.

{
	"__metadata": {
    "type": "@{outputs('Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint')?['body/ListItemEntityTypeFullName']}"
  },
  "Title": "Testing Promoted Links Order",
  "LinkLocation": {
        "Description": "BBC",
        "Url": "https://bbc.co.uk"
      },
"TileOrder": "8"
}

fieldnametileorder.png 

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @ToFj,

I believe the name of the field is TileOrder. Try the following syntax in your body field of the action.

{
	"__metadata": {
    "type": "@{outputs('Send_an_HTTP_request_to_SharePoint')?['body/ListItemEntityTypeFullName']}"
  },
  "Title": "Testing Promoted Links Order",
  "LinkLocation": {
        "Description": "BBC",
        "Url": "https://bbc.co.uk"
      },
"TileOrder": "8"
}

fieldnametileorder.png 

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

ToFj
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you very much @Expiscornovus 

Tried looking for the correct field syntax in the dev tool, but I see now that I was looking in the wrong place. This is a great tip though, will definitely check this next time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,716)