cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannonaus12

Correcting date on microsoft flows

Hi,

I have a leave form where the user selects the date they are requesting leave that is then sent in an email to the relevant parties. However the date comes through as YYYY-MM-DD. How do I get it to come through as DD-MMM-YYYY.  I am hoping I can also use this in the subject line as a dynamic response.

Thankyou in advance

example2.PNG 

3 REPLIES 3
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

Hi @shannonaus12 

You can use an expression to change the date format: formatDateTime('2022-08-15''dd-MMM-yyyy')

Snag_900995b.png

Snag_9015335.png

Hope this helps.

Ellis

shannonaus12

Hi @ekarim2020 thankyou for your response. Just checking the date question is one of the answers to a question from the form. It is not when the user started filling out the form but what date they selected on a calendar for their requested leave. Does the above still apply if its a form answer, just I can't see it listed as a dynamic response in your screenshot.

In my example given, on the dynamic response where it says "what is the date you want your leave to start" this is what I need formatted to read DD-MMM-YYYY instead of YYYY-MM-DD.

Hi @shannonaus12 ,

Yes, the sample screenshot used Dates that the user entered, and these were then formatted using an expression:

Snag_95e412f.png

Snag_961b9ac.png

Select the Date property from Dynamic Content: 

Snag_960c4fc.png

Hope this helps.

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,500)