cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianFecteau
Frequent Visitor

Corrupted Attachments from Sharepoint

I currently have a Flow that adds attachments to an email, pulling from files in a Sharepoint list, but when it does, the files are corrupted and unreadable. I checked in the Sharepoint list, and the files there are fine. I've searched through here for similar issues, but none of the answers seem to apply to my Flow. The Flow is supposed to add Form responses to an Excel sheet, upload attachments from one question to a Sharepoint list, then send an email to specified recipients with those same attachments attached. It all works, but again, those attachments in the email are corrupted, and I do not know how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the Flow I have:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BrianFecteau 

In the append attachment variable action, can you remove the $content part and select the entire file content output from the dynamic selector under the outputs of the get file content action and try once? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @BrianFecteau 

In the append attachment variable action, can you remove the $content part and select the entire file content output from the dynamic selector under the outputs of the get file content action and try once? 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

BrianFecteau
Frequent Visitor

Hello @yashag2255,

Thanks for your response. I tried to make that change, but I keep getting this error, and I am not sure how to go about fixing it:

BrianFecteau_2-1607954789458.png

BrianFecteau_1-1607954698854.png

BrianFecteau
Frequent Visitor

Hello @yashag2255,

Please disregard my previous. This worked! Thank you so much. If anyone needs to see what the solution looks like, here is a screenshot:

BrianFecteau_0-1607956024127.png

I am having a similar issue and wondering if you can assist.  My flow works and the email is sent with the attachments, but the attachments are corrupt or not supported.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

tinalamkey_0-1655860461240.png

tinalamkey_1-1655860486157.png

tinalamkey_2-1655860502255.png

tinalamkey_3-1655860515499.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,596)