cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Cost approval process

Good afternoon all,

I am in the process of adding a Purchase Order flow to our current Procurement Tracker flow. I am still relatively new to Power Automate. 

The aim of this Flow is to determine whether a PO is required based on the value of the item being requested by our Tech team.

I am working with these values:

• £50 or under - auto approval. 
  • £50-£1000 - line manager approval
  • £1000+ Exec Team approval
  • Over £5k not in budget, Board approval

Based on the cost of the item a member of the team would like to purchase (submitted in their form response and pulled into a SharePoint list) I would like the Flow to trigger, if approval is required and send an approval request to the line managers or exec team. 

It only requires an Approve/Reject from 'First to Respond'.

I have used a condition control to pick up the value of the item and if an approval is required but I am getting the following message: (Please note, I have only made one condition so far for the £50+ approval request using myself as a test)

Approval Outcome.PNG

For reference, the full flow is listed below:

Approval.PNG

Not sure where I am going wrong with this Flow but all help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Thomas Stewart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Cost approval process

Hi @ThomasEarlS1 ,

Please try the following configuration:

73.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ThomasEarlS1 ,

Please try to add a Compose action above Condition to output the value of Dynamic content you fill in the Condition.

After running Flow, check the specific value of this field and show it to us so that we can help you troubleshoot.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Thank you for your response - highly appreciated.

I have followed your instructions (I hope) and have attached the result for you.

Compose.PNG

I look forward to hearing your response.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ThomasEarlS1 ,

Please try the following configuration:

73.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,835)