cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexandruChiser
Regular Visitor

Count items based on a specific column value and update a second list

Hello,

I have a SharePoint list with all the users that have requested an Account. When adding a new item, a user needs to fill in his name, and his group. Currently, my list has 100+ entries and I would like to create a workflow, that counts how many users are in each group, and those value would be used to fill in a column in another list.

Basically, the 2nd list is just a copy of the first one, but it only has 2 columns: the GROUP NAMES and NUMBER OF MEMBERS of each group. This 2nd list needs to be updated automatically based on the first list.

Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
AlexandruChiser
Regular Visitor

I've managed to count the members from ONE group, and update that specific group in the other list, with the following workflow:

- get items (first list)

- if the group of the item = X 

- increment a variable

- get items (2nd list)

- if the group of the item = X

- update item with that variable

And it works, it counts the members of group X in the first list, and updates the number of members of the same group in the second list.

How can I do the same thing, but for all groups (20+), in one go?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,644)