cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scnative
Helper II
Helper II

Count number of times reminder email sent to each user in SharePoint 2016 list

Hi.  I have a flow built like this to send weekly email reminders to users in list if status = Pending:

powerAutomate.jpg

I want to set a count in the list on each row when an email is sent, so we can see the number of reminders sent to each user. 

What is the best way to achieve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@annajhaveri  Looks like it was just one of those Microsoft bottlenecks that resolved itself over the weekend.  Flow is running and working with incremental counter.  I use the variable steps to make it work.  

scnative_0-1617022467149.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@scnative  do you want a count userwise or just a general count of reminders? Do you want to maintain count per flow run or across all flow run?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I want to count the number of emails sent to each user each week.  A running tally, so if it runs weekly, each user who receives one will get a +1 added each week, until the task is marked "Complete" at which time the count stops for each user.  

The idea is if the user hasn't returned a PC to our IT department, they get a weekly reminder email (Status = Pending).  Once they return the PC, Status = Complete, at which time the reminder emails stop. 

@scnative  do want the column or already have the column in the same list for maintaining the count? If yes, inside apply to each action, you can add update item action and update the count by adding 1 to the value of the count column. Makes sense?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

@annajhaveri - wow, you just made this so simple!  🙂  haha!  

So I would add an action to update the SharePoint list item.  What expression do I use for that?  I see "add" but am unsure what to do after that. 

@scnative  you can use below add expression in update item action, replace 'Count' with your field name which contains the count

add(1, items('Apply_to_each')?['Count'])

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

That generated an error.  I modified it:

add(1, items('Apply_to_each')?['ContactCount'])

But it's not actually updating the list.  Does this look right?

scnative_0-1616163857334.png

@scnative  it looks right, are you facing error, if yes, whats the error?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

@annajhaveri - sorry for delay, got pulled into other projects. 

So, the flow is just running and running... never finishes, and not updating the ContactCount. 

scnative_0-1616787811652.png

I canceled both tests, one ran for 16 min, the other for 3. 

@annajhaveri  Looks like it was just one of those Microsoft bottlenecks that resolved itself over the weekend.  Flow is running and working with incremental counter.  I use the variable steps to make it work.  

scnative_0-1617022467149.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (59,584)