cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Penngineer
Helper I
Helper I

Create Approval & Wait for Approval - Intermediate Steps.

Ok.  I am very excited, because I almost go this to work.  I am stuck on 2 things.

1.  Title for the Create Item.

2.  ID for the Update Item.

Help, please!  I am so close!!

Flow1.pngFlow2.pngFlow3.pngFlow4.pngFlow5.pngFlow6.pngFlow7.pngFlow8.pngFlow9.png

7 REPLIES 7
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @Penngineer 

Title: can be anything you want, This is the default required field in SharePoint Lists. You can make this field not required by going into the 'List settings' inside your SharePoint List.

ID: This is the unique Identifier of the record you want to update, just like your action 'Get EOC' is being passed the ID. So will your update item.

If you don't have this available in your dynamic content, than you will have to add a 'List items' and use a filter to filter out all records except the one you want to update.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

There is nothing in the dynamic content that is correct.  How do I use a filter?

ID: This is the unique Identifier of the record you want to update, just like your action 'Get EOC' is being passed the ID. So will your update item.
If you don't have this available in your dynamic content, than you will have to add a 'List items' and use a filter to filter out all records except the one you want to update.

Hi @Penngineer 

Your pictures that you provided are awesome, could you give a summary of your use case, so I can better help you

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@Jcook  Sure, here is the best way to describe it.

I manage a variety of projects.  They are from third parties requesting access to our property.

1.  Each project is a list item on the Project List.  I go into the list and select the item.  I then have a manually triggered approval flow where I enter the email addresses of internal reviewers.  The reviewers are variable based on the project location, type, etc.  Hence, the need to have this chosen by the user.

2.  Once the approval requests are sent (before responses are received), I need to record who received the approval request on the Review List.

3.  Then, when the reviewer takes action on the approval request, I need to update the list item on the Review List with their response and any comments.

The approval is not a true approval as the actions are the same whether they approve or not.  I record their response and transmit any comments to the third party to revise their submission.

Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hi @Penngineer 

Is the 'Update EOC Response' updating the same item as the 'Create item' action?

If yes,

Than you can create a string variable, and use a Set variable under your 'Create item' action, and pass in the ID into the variable, which can be used to update the item.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

@Jcook 

Yes!  Those are pointing to the same list.  I will try it myself now, but can you send me a screenshot of an example?  Thanks!

Hi @Penngineer 

You actually want to have the variable as an Integer,

Here is an example:

Jcook_0-1603751537749.png

However I am a bit confused, as your screenshots are showing the Create item action inside a Loop with For each Approver. This means that for each approver you are creating a new item.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (972)