cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wouterpauwels

Create Asana task from Microsoft Forms including attachment

I have tried a couple of things but have not managed to get the flow working properly.

In this case we're trying to create our own issue tracker so every employee can fill in a Microsoft Form and based on an entry and the type of problem 1 out of 3 colleagues would get an Asana task to resolve it.

We have a form with 5 questions:

1. Name (free text)

2. What's the issue about (pick-list with 6 options)

3. Long description (free text, long)

4. Summary (free text)

5. Attachments (max 5 attachment, 10 mb, all file extensions possible)

I was able to create a flow where based on Q2, 4 out of the 6 options would create a task for myself, 1 option for colleague 1 and 1 option for colleague 2. So based on the issue there's three of us who would resolve them, most of them would be my responsibility. Title of the task could be Q2+Q4, description would be Q1+Q3+Q5. But it would be very useful if the attachments would actually show in the Asana task and that I have not managed to do yet. Is it at all possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wouterpauwels 

You can try to build nested conditions using Condition Control to achieve the requirement to assign tasks to different employees based on the different options of Q2.

I set up a flow, please refer to the below screenshots.

Assume the answer of Q2 is 'Option 5'  the task will be assigned to employee A, is 'Option 6' the task will be assigned to employee B, and the other options are assigned to 'employee C'.

vLilyWmsft_0-1642397467802.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1642397837013.png

If you want to add Form attachments to Asana task directly through Flow, it should not be supported.

If you need this feature, you can submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum about this issue at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my reply helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wouterpauwels 

You can try to build nested conditions using Condition Control to achieve the requirement to assign tasks to different employees based on the different options of Q2.

I set up a flow, please refer to the below screenshots.

Assume the answer of Q2 is 'Option 5'  the task will be assigned to employee A, is 'Option 6' the task will be assigned to employee B, and the other options are assigned to 'employee C'.

vLilyWmsft_0-1642397467802.png

vLilyWmsft_1-1642397837013.png

If you want to add Form attachments to Asana task directly through Flow, it should not be supported.

If you need this feature, you can submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum about this issue at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my reply helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your answer, the main feature I was hoping to add was the attachment as this is key to the problem solving flow. I will add it as an idea through the link you provided!

It looks like Asana supports creating task through email with supports attachments

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,239)