cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TBuente
Resolver I
Resolver I

Create CSV table with only one list item when multiple exist?

Hi all, 

I have two questions.

1) Can you create a CSV table that only takes values from one Sharepoint list item? 

Currently, this is what I have:

csvexample.png

Now sure, this works great, until you have more than one item in a Sharepoint list. If I have more than one item, I will receive an email with the CSV file, but it will contain information for both of these items.

Is there a way to filter which item information is taken from?

2)  How can I make multiple values (from different columns in the Sharepoint list) display in the same Excel column, but seperate rows? 

This is an example of what I need:

csvwanted.png

I want values like "Testing" and "Test" to be populated by different Sharepoint list column values.

I have tried this in flows:

csv not want.png

However, I will recieve this:

not want.png

For this example, I typed "123" into Labor Rate 1, "123" into Labor Rate 2, and "123" into Labor Rate 3, but they have been combined together, rather than on seperate rows.

Is there a way I can make these values go to their own seperate rows.

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TBuente ,

For the first question, you could use Get items-Filter Query to filter the items of the specified ID.

Like:

136.PNG

For the second question, I am afraid that the only way you can use is to have these Dynamic content correspond to different Headers instead of configuring them in the same Value. Then they can be displayed in a separate column.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the assistance! I do have one question for you:

Is there a way to filter by "Title Name"? Basically, I need the email to only contain the new form that users will create. I've tried setting the Filter Query as "Project Title" (Which is a field users must enter), but received an error.

For question 2, I'd like to expand further.

I am making an app that PMs can use to create a project form. Basically, I need them to be able to input team members, rates, etc. and export that to a CSV using flows. From there, I need the CSV to send to our accounting department, from where they will handle the billing information. Currently, we have the accounting department entering all these values in by hand; however, the application that our accounting department uses, has an import/export function. 

This is an exported CSV file, showing me the exact template I need for them to import this information input by the PM.

csvExample2.png

From what youre saying, it is impossible for me to achieve this template using flows?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (30,209)