cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarcusDaytonas7
Level: Power Up

Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table - Flow is creating duplicate many records

I am making use of the "Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table". template. 

When the data is moved into CRM and creates a new lead record, each time the reoccurance runs it duplicates the lead records. 

How can I prevent the flow from creating duplicates and only adding a record when i create a new line of information in Excel?

Thanks for the help

Marcus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table - Flow is creating duplicate many records

Hi @MarcusDaytonas7,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you create your flow using the "Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table" built-in template?

I think there is something wrong with the "Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table" built-in template, please take a try to create your flow from scratch. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "Recurrence" trigger, Interval set to 2 and Frequency set to Minute.
  • Add a "Get rows" action, specify File name and Table name.
  • Add a Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@empty(body('Get_rows')?['value'])

• Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, do nothing. Within "If/no" branch of Condition, add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of the "Get rows" action, within "Apply to each" action, add a "Create a new record" action, specify Organization Name and Entity Name.

Under "Apply to each" action, add a "Apply to each 2" action, input parameter set to output of the "Get row" action, within "Apply to each 2" action, add a "Delete row" action, specify File Name and Table Name, Row id field set to Row id dynamic content of the "Get rows" action.

Image reference:5.JPG

6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

More details about creating flow from scratch, please check the following article:

Create flow from scratch

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table - Flow is creating duplicate many records

Hi @MarcusDaytonas7,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you create your flow using the "Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table" built-in template?

I think there is something wrong with the "Create Dynamics 365 Leads from an Excel table" built-in template, please take a try to create your flow from scratch. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add a "Recurrence" trigger, Interval set to 2 and Frequency set to Minute.
  • Add a "Get rows" action, specify File name and Table name.
  • Add a Condition, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@empty(body('Get_rows')?['value'])

• Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, do nothing. Within "If/no" branch of Condition, add a "Apply to each" action, input parameter set to output of the "Get rows" action, within "Apply to each" action, add a "Create a new record" action, specify Organization Name and Entity Name.

Under "Apply to each" action, add a "Apply to each 2" action, input parameter set to output of the "Get row" action, within "Apply to each 2" action, add a "Delete row" action, specify File Name and Table Name, Row id field set to Row id dynamic content of the "Get rows" action.

Image reference:5.JPG

6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

More details about creating flow from scratch, please check the following article:

Create flow from scratch

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @MarcusDaytonas7!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-xida-msft ‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution”.

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

(Flow Community Admin)

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 4,688 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: